“Our decisions always affect others.” This quote was really impressed in my mind, after I watched the DVD “These Words Must Be on Your Heart.” Though we are free to make some choices and decisions, every choice has an effect – positive or negative – on our life and on the lives of others. So we should think carefully about the decision we are to make, as well as its possible consequences. Take time. Don’t rush into decision-making. You’ll then see how good decision-making will make you feel better and improve your life situation.
Here are a few suggestions to make better decisions:
- Gather information. If you are about to purchase a house or a car, gather the necessary information. Make sure you didn’t miss important details.
- Ask advice from others. Will you soon get married? Approach an experienced couple. Or do you want to take on a full-time job but you have a family to care for? Ask your friends who have families.
- Think, think, think. Don’t only think twice. Think many times. Think about the pros and cons of making such a decision.
- Put your thoughts into writing. This is an effective way to put your thoughts to writing as well as organize what’s in your mind.
- Sleep on the matter. Usually you’ll feel better afterwards. So try to take some time. Don’t rush or you’ll end up making unwise decisions.
So here are just a few pieces of advice I can give. And if you’ve mastered the art of decision-making, you’ll have a happier, better life.